Saturday, July 4, 2009

On the way to the dry cleaners...

Well, something has happened this week, and because of it, I have given myself a challenge: try to be a greener girl.

Maybe it was the rusty brown canisters sitting outside of my usual dry cleaners' that I spotted this week. I've seen them before. It's very simple to drive right past them and drop off my clothes just like I usually do. It has been easy in the past to just not think about it. This time, though, I wondered where all the stuff in those imposing brown canisters was going. I thought about what I was taking home with me on those throwaway metal hangers and in those billowing plastic bags. I saw what was going on, and well, if a Simple-Green-buying, compostable-plate-approving, recycling-mad person like me could do better, I guess there might be others out there like me.

I had a bunch of hangers that I dropped off that day since they act like they recycle them, but this new instinct told me to keep my clothes and figure out something different to do. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment